Monday 24 February 2014

My thoughts for the future...

It is possibly not a wise idea to ask me such an open ended question like "what are your thoughts for the future"

My mind instantly wanders off to monkey ruled planets with the Statue of Liberty buried in the beach - or alien invasions blowing up the White House.....(Hollywood inspired much!)

Talking of Hollywood - Perhaps I should be thinking of films like that one where Dennis Quaid predicts the next Ice Age and no one believes him until it's too late...and Mexico ends up saving America.

Well chaps - we've got the evidence and a big budget movie to prove it - don't get caught unprepared!

 Reigning my mind in like an unruly toddler on bungee ropes for a second - what can I see the future being for me?!

Well as long as I keep paying off my mortgage thereby keeping a roof over my head, and food on the table - I guess I'd be happy.

I mean, most of us have daydreamed about winning the lottery and indulging in the sports car / holiday / castle / personal rugby stadium in the garden / etc. but being completely honest for a second - Personally I'd be happy with being comfortable...and by being comfortable I mean having enough of everything to plod on with my time on this planet with my family and friends.

Oh...you mean future resources wise?

Well I guess the same answers apply really - I'd be happy with being comfortable.

I mean I already try to be frugal with the gas / water and electricity I use, I've got a little wood burner fire that quickly heats the whole downstairs of my Semi-Detached house if I burn enough sustainably sourced wood.

I'm the type of person who would go and put a jumper on before whacking the heating on full blast.

With the price of energy being what it is, and with it only going one way, I can see myself using the log burner more and more - thankfully I live near a wood, so worst case scenario I take my axe out on walks with me.

Longer term...

I see petrol & diesel being swapped for hydrogen in vehicles, once they get the fuel storage methods safe and cheap enough! I can see the Big 6 energy companies fighting over scraps of natural resources and pricing each other out of the market - and I can see more and more solar / wind energy generating methods springing up across the country...

...unless we're all flooded by then. (on the bright side we could use hydro power then!)

Either way I'll be alright I'm sure - I live on a hill, with a wood, a log burner, an axe....and a semi efficient guard dog.




No comments:

Post a Comment