Monday 10 February 2014

Learning to date...

During the course so far I have learnt the following:

a) Everyone’s opinions, however different, have an echo of wanting to do something positive regarding sustainability. I haven’t seen anyone state that they want to see the world burn. That’s also taught me that maybe we’re inherently a good bunch of people…

b) I've learnt about myself, and my attitudes to sustainability and how they’re ingrained by my culture, heritage and past growing up, and how I could potentially change my lifestyle for the benefit of myself, and my environment. 
I always thought I was pretty good at being sustainable – I recycle, I reduce my gas and electric consumption by using a log burner etc.  But this course has shown me how little I’m doing compared to what is possible.

c) Sustainability is not just about halting the melting ice caps, or reducing our carbon footprint. It is those things, but it’s so much more. It’s about an attitude change to reduce the negative impact we have on the world in everything we do.

Reading the comments of some other people posting up on the MOOC, some of the answers to things people have put are pretty threadbare - they could answer in more detail. They answer the questions sure, but they could include detail on why they've answered, how they reaching that opinion and what has led them to that conclusion.


Maybe it’s because I’m nosy, but I’d like to get a bit of background, a feel behind the person posting up the answer – It would help me to understand their attitudes and why they’re saying what they do. I try to do it in my posts and certainly in this blog as it’s my space to explain my opinions and the attitudes I have, and that’s OK right?

No comments:

Post a Comment